Thursday, April 26, 2007

be brave

This chapter of my life is swiftly coming to an end. In less than a week, the life that I've always known, which has always revolved around attending lessons in various institutions, studying for an inordinate amount of tests and exams, being free to make the kind of friends who, I know, will always be more genuine than anyone I meet in future and of course the long stretches of holidays, will be over. The biggest step of my life lays right before me: to step off the bank of being a dependent "adolescent" and crossing over to become a fully functional, independent working adult. All previous transitions between different levels of education pale in comparison to this one singular move. I'm not a child anymore; I need to grow up.

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalms 84:10. My verse of the day.