Saturday, April 07, 2007

still suffering

This feels crazily familiar. I remember writing an entry exactly a week ago, right smack in the middle of a saturday afternoon amid similar heavy showers pouring just outside my balcony together with the low rumbling of an annoyed thunder. Sigh. It's just two days away from my deadline, and somehow even though I've attained the requisite number of words for my essay, there's a hollow feeling that something is still seriously lacking. But I've stared and I've pored over my essay since the second week of march, which is about a month ago, and have already drained my brain entirely of creative juices. I wish I could just send in my paper at this moment but I know it's so, so far from perfect. It's going to be two more pure hectic and frantic days scurrying through the 15-page document, editing, para-phrasing, adding and deleting information, putting in references and making sure everything flows and makes sense. This is by far the most difficult essay I've ever had to do in law school, and even though right now I'm suffering heavily for my impulsive choice, I hope that someday when I encounter a more difficult project, I can look back and take heart in the knowledge that I've done it before.