Sunday, May 27, 2007

the trip of a lifetime

Just returned from a most adventure-filled backpacking trip to nepal and tibet with my secondary school friend. Just the two of us. For 17 days. Yes, we've met with a lot of wide-eyed gasps when we told our friends that it will just be two girls in a remote and somewhat dangerous part of asia for such an extended period of time, with almost zero-planning, but hey, we survived and we're back safe and sound. :) It was truly an eye-opener, not just gaping at the majestic snow-capped himalayas and vast greenery that extends for thousands and thousands of miles, but also to the daily lives and culture of the nepalese and tibetan people. While a part of me may sometimes wonder if travelling to the more developed countries of the world for my graduation trip (like what most of my friends were doing) would have been a better idea, it's when I re-look my pictures and reminisce the valuable experiences I had gained in surviving nepal and tibet that I don't think I can ever regret my choice of destination. It's not something money can buy nor school can teach. I have too much to tell, too many reflections to do. It will be a while before any of those thoughts and pictures will enter this platform. For now, nepal and tibet fills my mind and the depths of my soul constantly.