Tuesday, June 05, 2007

working life

This poor little space has been neglected as a result of my sudden push into the big, bad working world. :( Today's the third day at work and I think being in a small firm has the added advantage of receiving exclusive and privileged attention from the lawyers, associates and secretaries. With only two pupils in the firm, there is sufficient space to provide each of us with a nice spacious desk to ourselves and a fully functioning internet to work on. I realised it's actually quite a necessity to have a big piece of wood to do my work. It makes the environment a more pleasant one to work in, somehow, and frees my mind to think as broadly as possible. In fact, over the next few days, I intend to spice up my little space and make it as personal as possible. A small plant here, a picture there maybe, and tada, it instantly morphs into a serena space, heh.

Working is definitely a whole new lifestyle I need to get used to. The first day was hard, especially having just returned from an adventure-filled, independent and free-and-easy trip where I could plan to do what I want at any time I like. Suddenly being chained up to a chair and desk for long hours was the complete antithesis of what my body and soul was crying out for. It made me moody over the weekend. But it got better. The lawyers were, thankfully, very helpful, and took me through the work step-by-step. Hopefully this keeps up.

The hardest thing about working is missing my afternoon naps. The hour between 2 to 3pm is always a huge challenge for my eyelids to remain up. Hai.