Sunday, December 25, 2005

joy, warmth, love, fellowship

It's been truly a fantastic holiday. I'm loving every minute of it. :)

First part of the week was the OC camp, and despite some of the unhappiness that raged within, I truly felt that it has already accomplished what it set out to do - to bond the OC members a little tighter. :) For me, it has been a blast knowing everyone. My main goal in attending the OC camp and staying with the campers was so that I could get to know each and everyone of them that much better, and not feel like a stranger whenever I enter the OC room. What resulted has exceeded beyond my wildest expectations. Not only do I now know almost everyone of them, the fact that I could go deeper with some was even more surprising. People like mel, cheryl, hans, darryl, cherns, kimpong, mingying and pew. I had so much fun with them, just laughing over the silliest things and making weird and random jokes. :) And now the younger folks recognise me too and come up to me and say hi. :) Such warmth is indescribable.

The christmas party on friday with my small group was a success! Good food, better company, and whole lots of laughter again and again and again. I can't count the number of times I laughed till my sides ached, laughed till my stomach ached, laughed until I literally rolled on the floor clutching my tummy. I love this bunch of guys! They're so fun! The party started out on a slightly awkward atmosphere, but with food and wine, gradually everything livened up. The oc carollers sang in their noisiest of voices (agreed unanimously by all) followed by some entertainment provided by ian with his impressive card tricks. Present exchange was also pretty exciting, where we made up a game to "steal" presents from each other. Hilarious. :) Late into the night, the YA played a couple of games, which induced further laughter. I simply am unable to fathom how far we have come since the beginning of this group, which was only a mere 6 months away, and how we have arrived at this very comfortable stage that we're in, with all the friendly teasing and jibing shared among us. It's amazing, and I love it. :) We ended around 1am, and everyone helped with the clearing up.

Immersing myself in the love and fellowship that is generously spread around this christmas season. The warmth in my heart burns longingly.