Saturday, December 10, 2005

a sense of purity

Tis' the season to be jolly...

It's been alright so far. I'm tired from going out so much, but everything has still been pretty much fulfilling. Got my christmas cards, got some of my present-shopping done, but still more to be accomplished. I've got 2 social appointments this week and leading bible study this friday (with nicol). Which gives me just enough time in between to go shop for more presents, buy decorations for my house and for Destination Earth (why am I in charge again?!), and most importantly, write christmas cards. Coz the week after next is the OC camp, which leaves me very little time to do anything else. Sigh.

Even though I haven't done much shopping for myself recently because of the exams, I find it more fulfilling to search for presents for other people rather than for myself. Is the bug of "it's better to give than to receive" biting me already? I guess by imagining the person's face and smiles and reactions towards the present I give gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling, something which far exceeds what I can give myself. It's the thrill of searching for the perfect gift and knowing that the person on the receiving end will be happy that keeps me going. Funny, I've never really felt this way before.

Yesterday, at macdonald's...

Me: Can I have one 50-cent ice-cream?
Guy at the counter: Sure. That'll be 50 cents.
Me: .....

Have you ever seen rows and rows of shoes? Here's one.

It's pure madness. Wonder how the shopkeeper can ever find the shoe the customer wants. But does make for very entertaining photo shots. :P