Friday, December 09, 2005

gourmet delights

I've been eating wayy too much.

Went out yesterday to celebrate my best friend's birthday with another close friend. The 3 of us have been as thick as thieves since graduating from secondary school, and we've always celebrated each other's birthdays. This year was especially "heavy" since we were turning into the big 2-1, so each celebration was pretty massive.

For the present, my friend and I decided to use all the photos we've taken and put them together to form a hilarious story in a scrapbook. It was superb, if I may say so myself, considering that we took only 2 days to do it - one to plan, the other to do it. And when my best friend read it, and how she laughed as she turned each page, my heart simply melted with delight at how happy and appreciated she was. Heh. I was just happy that she liked the present very much, even though it probably wasn't anything expensive, like all 21st gifts should be. But we did make it up by treating her to a fancy place in suntec city for dinner. Swiss Culture located at the third level of the central convention centre.

This dish is for 2 persons, which I shared with the birthday girl. It consists of stirloin steak, lamb and beef (I think). At the side is the cheese sausage. There were 2 dippings of red wine and black pepper and also an extra side dish of crinkly fries. Yummy.

Dessert was even better.

It was chocolate fondue served with strawberries, slices of banana and marshmellows. Gosh, the marshmellows were simply heaven. With its rich and chewy texture coupled with the bittersweet chocolate-dipping made it into an award-winning aphrodisiac. Yep, you read that right. It was truly an experience to remember. Heh heh.

The eating season begins.