Monday, November 28, 2005

simply grateful

Warm, fuzzy feeling abounds within me. :)

The most recent paper is yet another miracle. It was a 3-questions-choose-2 type. After having done the 2nd question, I was deciding between 1 and 3. It took me a good 7 minutes to come to a conclusion, and people taking essay exams would know that 7 minutes is a lot. You can write a good paragraph and score extremely valuable points. While I was writing the answer to question 2, at the back of my mind, I had already decided on question 1. But after I looked at the question again, I felt that I simply couldn't do it because I had too little material on it. 3, on the other hand, was daunting. It was not that it was difficult, but my knowledge on that particular topic happens to be slightly weaker. Plus because there were so many parts to it, time constraint was a major issue. So for that 7 minutes, I was flipping the paper back and forth, deciding fervently whether I should go ahead with question 1, which would save me lots of time but with little to write, or question 3, which I would have to take the risk and try and do it despite not having a good grasp of the topic. In the end, I felt the soft prompting that said, "Do question 3. You know more of it. Question 1 would be disastrous."

So in the end, I listened and did question 3. And I realised from the moment I started tackling the question that I had made the right decision. It was definitely easier than it looks, and my notes did help to tide me over. And best of all, I managed to answer each section on time. The answer may not have been in full, but at least the gist of it was there.

Truly grateful for yet another miracle.