Thursday, December 01, 2005

the long wait is over

It all feels a bit surreal now.

Having been made to study for the entire month of november (and I seriously mean the ENTIRE month), the sudden halt in my daily routine makes me feel somewhat unreal, albeit in a peaceful sort of way. A load has been taken off my aching shoulders, and I no longer have to worry about time being of the essence, and feeling guilty about indulging myself in the occasional breaks. I can now immerse myself freely in the holiday spirit, look forward to camps and christmas parties, and hanging out with my close friends whom I've not seen for ages. Shopping, eating, buying presents, writing christmas cards... The world's my oyster now, I can do whatever I want. :)

The feeling this time round is especially sweet, knowing that I've put in the necessary effort to perform in this particular round of exams, and kept very much to the strict regime I've set out for myself, thus reaping the "rewards" of being able to tackle the questions. And all that nonsense about exams flying by quickly - so not true. Even after it's over, I don't feel as if it went by quickly at all; all I can remember was the pain and torture of having to read my notes over and over again, while the rest of the world was focused on the festive season. It was pure pain, but it's over now. The sweetness after it is simply delectable. God's hands really move in ways unfathomable.

I've never cried and laughed so much all in a single night. It's a whirlwind in here. God help us.