Tuesday, December 06, 2005

incoherent and "high"

The older I grow, the more unused I am to the concept of "camp".

1. lack of sleep. Even though I was among the lucky few to catch some valuable winks throughout the entire night, I was still in a horrific daze this morning. I'm generally an early sleeper (12+) and an early waker (7+). Without catching sufficient sleep, I'm in no condition to do anything else.

2. lack of space. Imagine 14 persons squeezed into one tiny 2 single-bed room. Surviving it was, in retrospect, a miracle.

3. little ms dirty. I've not touched my toiletries or clothes the entire time I was there. And that was from monday noon till tuesday morning. As I've mentioned earlier, lack of sleep equates to doing nothing else, including freshening up.

4. disruptive bowel systems. One of the greatest peeve during camps in general is that my body's bowel movements get disrupted very badly. I know my body well, and it needs to eat a certain amount of food at a certain time of the day, and it needs to poo pretty regularly too. Anymore food without pooing will just make my stomach tremendously bloated, leaving me with an uncomfortable feeling that just gnaws at me tirelessly. Plus, I'm hardly comfortable pooing in outside places other than my home, sigh. So this is a major drawback.

Other than those complaints, camps are good. Bonds people. Make loads of jokes. Deep dark secrets always get pushed out in the middle of the night, when people are too tired to contain the truth. That's always fun. :)