Saturday, December 17, 2005

leading is tiring

It's been a long week... But it's finally going to end soon. :)

Last night's attendance at bible study was unexpectedly low. ben was away at malaysia, james was away at cameron highlands, siwei and alvin had a tiring week and decided to take a break, darryl had some camp stuff, and dunno why jean and adrian didn't appear. Sigh, oh well. But the few faithful that did turn up were patrick, desmond and ian. So together with nicol and myself, that makes 5 of us. We were initially contemplating whether we should continue with the bible study since Mark 14 is a very important chapter and it wouldn't be nice for the rest to miss out discussing it. But we decided to just go ahead. Plus, I personally felt it wouldn't be fair to those who made the effort to come down and not have bible study. So ahead we went with it.

It turned out to be quite fruitful, although hearing my voice dominate most of the bible study wasn't a pleasant experience. I guess I prefer facilitating bible study and encouraging people to share their ideas to leading. When the session was finally over, I left the room with a throbbing headache, and an acute draining of all my mental energy. No wonder james said that leading bible study was tiring; I couldn't properly appreciate what he went through until last night. But, sigh, nicol and I are going to do it again the week after our christmas party for the benefit of those who missed out on the discussion, and also because we didn't manage to cover everything. Hopefully with more enthusiastic people the week after, it wouldn't be so hard. It so happens that last night, the people who turned up were among the quieter ones, so to generate some development of ideas was particularly difficult. But good nonetheless.