Wednesday, December 14, 2005

good shopping

My poor legs are aching... That can only mean one thing - shopping! Tis' the season to be shopping...

It's been a rather fruitful day. Met up with nicol around lunch time to discuss our bible study. We've got a basic working plan going - I'll email him the questions which I think are important to discuss, while he ties everything up through his themes' approach. Hopefully this friday will be good.

Having finished our discussion pretty early, around 2pm, I decided to head down town to search for presents. Actually, a present. Although I have in mind exactly the kind of thing I want to buy, it does not make shopping any easier, contrary to popular belief. And even though I circled only the tip of orchard road - from wheelock, to isetan scotts, to tangs, then to wisma - it was already enough to kill me! Being an ultra careful and picky shopper, even if I may see something that I really like at one of the shops from the beginning, I cannot rest easy until I've been to all the shops and satisfy myself that that is truly the best I've found. Sometimes after going through all the shops, I discover I have a few pieces in mind, which was what happened today! In which case, I then have to literally sit down and take a few minutes consider my options carefully, and ponder upon the factors which influence my final decision. The peaceful exterior of my face belies the ferocity of thousands of minute electric currents whizzing through my head at that time. Heh. Finally, after some powerful thinking, I resolutely made my decision and headed back to the second item I saw and bought it. Yep, it felt good to be able to make a decision with ease in your heart.