Thursday, February 09, 2006

the relaxation

Yesterday was perhaps the most therapeutic day of the week. :)

It's been a long week thus far, and the immense stress coupled with severe lack of sleep has caused my body to breakdown and kickstart the onslaught of a minor flu. My forehead currently feels slightly warm, and breathing becomes a little more difficult. But thanks to a wonderful yesterday, even though I'm still experiencing these symptons, the lightness of my head and heart makes it so much easier for me to handle it.

After school yesterday, which ended at 11am, I took my sister shopping. And shopping, no matter be it for yourself or others, always never fail to inject an exuberating adrenaline rush through me. There's just so many things to see, to touch, to excite your minds and to appreciate the beauty and cleverness of the items that you put parochial thoughts to a halt and be absolutely enchanted by the handiwork of men instead. It was an experience that my being was just waiting to have. In the evening, a friend and I hopped over to a third friend's place to discuss some stuff. And my (third) friend's bedroom is about the most comfortable place imaginable! Big comfy bed, many pillows, thick blanket, warm lights flooding the room, music... It was unbelievably relaxing. Plus, we had a good time just laughing and sharing. I guess the warmth of the companionship did play a great part in soothing my troubled spirit.

My mind right now is quite clear, free from all the incessant thoughts that seek to wear me out. God is watching over me, and has answered my prayers. My prayer for this week was to cultivate the discipline of thought of God, and let everything else become secondary. And God has shown me that it is possible, despite everything. :) Thanks God.