Friday, April 28, 2006

elections and paper

The hottest place to be in right now is singapore.

I love reading the election news. Besides not wanting to be labelled as one of those younger generation singaporeans who are absolutely ignorant about politics, it's truly exciting to soak in the buzz of all that is happening. To know who is contesting what, the strengths and weaknesses of each side, what each party has to say about the other, how the defamation suit is going and the possible consequences... To put it simply, I'm a high-class kaypoh. I want to know everything. I want to have my opinion on this elections and the only way to do that is through knowing more. Sigh. If only I wasn't in the midst of my exams, I would read every single article in the straits times and possibly attend more rallies than I can at the present moment. Even though I am not voting. Boo. :( What a waste of being 21. Talking to law friends about politics is quite uplifting, especially since we already have a background knowledge of the system. Heh, public law has come in handy. I'm sure my lecturer will have a field day expressing her opinions.

Today's paper came and went. It went pretty alright, in my opinion, although I wasn't sure whether what I wrote is correct, but I simply refuse to discuss the content with a fellow classmate who did the same question, because we both agreed that it's over. Heh. My left arm is aching now, and my mental energy is zapped. I still have worry thoughts, but I must push them aside, for now.