Saturday, April 22, 2006

sigh, sigh

what is the standard? should I have a standard? is it applicable to me? what an iffy line.

Sigh. If anyone's interested, today's paper went bad. It was difficult, the issues were hidden, there wasn't enough time (the usual complaint), and I didn't know how to do an entire question, which constitutes one-fifth of the marks. That really broke me, espeically when it could have been staring right in my face during the paper. Sigh. The rest of the other questions were also weirdly done, in a sense, I was almost guessing my way around, hoping that whatever I wrote is relevant to what the question was asking. Sigh. I hate coming out of the exam hall feeling this way. Strangely, in the past, it would have taken me a good whole day to pluck myself out of the indulgent self-pity state I would have been in. But surprisingly, today, I was just tired. I came home, gorged myself on a substantial portion of ben&jerry's, lay on my sofa, hugged my pillow and shed a few tears, before sitting up and telling myself that I might as well use the time to work instead. I probably was too tired to feel anguish, since this wasn't the first time. The sinking feeling will only drain me.

I'm lucky to have people who care though. It helps. :)