Monday, April 24, 2006

ouch, my heart

My heart aches.

No, literally. It aches. I woke up this morning and for some strange reason, my heart was beating unusually fast. I could still handle it in the morning, but when I awoke from my afternoon nap, it was spinning out of control. My heart was beating so fast that I couldn't concentrate on my work properly. My body had to expend extra energy to slow it down, and this takes away precious mental energy for me to focus. I felt like my body was trying to tell me something. There are only two possible reasons: either I am anxious about something or I've been affected by something. However I can't seem to come up with anything remotely close to either of them. I was so desperate that I messaged my friend, who instantly called and provided me comfort. She told me to just not think so much about the possibilities but to take deep breaths. So I did. Took those deep 7-second breaths and yes, it worked wonders. I felt so much calmer and my heart gradually toned down its activity. Thankfully.

Right now, though, I suspect that due to all the beating of my heart against my ribcage, the bones near my heart aches. When I massage that area, there's a release of tension, as if it has been overworked. Strange.