Monday, April 24, 2006

struggle, struggle

There are pros and cons about having exams so far apart. It's definitely less stressful since each exam is seen as an isolated 'test', and there's sufficient time to study for each subject more fully. Yet because they are seen as individual tests and not exams as a whole, the urgency and motivation which I need so badly isn't coming to me. The natural inclination to study for it as if the end result doesn't matter is great, and I simply cannot comprehend why. Perhaps the lack of sufficient practice throughout this particular semester may have played a contributing factor, although it is too late to look back now. I really need to psyche myself to push on.

I'm slowly getting over my badly-done paper. Slowly. It still haunts me now and then, especially if I come across any word remotely related to corporate finance. Sigh. I do so badly want to go into this area, but I'm not sure if that's such a realistic dream anymore. It's difficult to sustain an interest in something which you don't seem to have the aptitude for. On the other hand, it's so easy to gain an interest in something you're naturally good at, even if you didn't happen to like it before. I'm still trying to figure out this very self-centered theory. Perhaps it's human to validate oneself through doing something you're talented in, and interest plays the all-important motivating factor in pursuing it. Another plausible reason could be one shouldn't let one's potential go to waste, and rather than people putting undue pressure, one simply has to convince that he/she has the interest in it, and that's sufficient reason to pursue it. Oh well.

I also seriously think something's wrong with my studying method. It's time for an overhaul.