Tuesday, November 21, 2006

food cures

And so, one week left, the fight continues.

I've been surprisingly coping well with this semester's exams, too well in fact. I'm stressed that I'm not stressed. For the first time I'm reading my notes not as exam notes but as general knowledge. And I find that I retain the information far easier in this context. Heh. But of course, the downside is they are the equivalent of newspaper quality, read once and only if someone mentions them again will I remember. Sigh. That's why I have to read them again (and again) so that they stick in my head spontaneously.

I have a weakness for beijing jiaozi and xiao long bao. Ever since I found out that the killiney kopitiam along cheong chin nam road (whose zhao pai is very suspicious because it looks so different from the original) sells them, I've been thinking about it crazily. So much so that when my parents returned from overseas, I dragged them there last night to have dinner. And yes, they were impressed with the range (and quality) of food. My dad was quite suspect of the zhao pai and asked the waitress whether they truly were a branch of the authentic killiney, and she just produced a blur face before hurriedly hazarding a yes. Heh, ah well. There should be some trademark infringement going on here, but no news thus far, so giving them the benefit of the doubt. I've also developed a recent taste for cereals, particularly nuts, dried fruits, oats/museli type. Yum. Having breakfast cereals makes me look forward to waking up, haha.

Talking about food (and savouring them in my mouth at the same time) makes the stresses of life disappear for a while.