Wednesday, December 28, 2005

solitude

A day of quiet reflections, away from the flurry of activities. Too many thoughts, too much emotions.

Something within me has changed drastically. I've come to realised that the exterior is no longer important. The compliments paid to me mean absolutely nothing. And that is a big leap from who I used to be - self-conscious and inferior. In the past, I would have probably lapped them up eagerly and bask in those superficial thoughts for a few days, knowing that such words do not easily pass my way. But yesterday, an internal revolution has taken place. Even with three persons shooting pleasantries at me did not lift my spirits to a significant level. There is so much more to be desired than pretentious words which add little value to the wholesome life I'm seeking. The depth of my heart is immeasurable; give me more than shallow utterances.

"When the love is gone, the feeling remains"
- Perhaps Love

Think about it carefully.