Wednesday, February 22, 2006

food destresses

This week's my term break, yet it doesn't feel like a break at all. :(

There's just so much to complete. I've an assignment on a 237-page long case, which is what I've been reading for the past two days. Continuously, if I may add. Although it helps that my kind tutor alleviated our burden by requiring us to start reading only from the 147th page, it's still tiring. Just doing nothing the entire day but pure reading of this judgment that has no coherency at all is such a chore. In addition to that, I have to read another article which comments on the judgment. Yep, so right now, I've decided it's time my brain takes a break. It cannot continue on this maddening journey.

Mentoring session was good today. My mentee is opening up to me more and more and I'm beginning to see the true side of her. :) She's fun, playful, and very cheeky. ;P While I was playing uno with her and her group of friends, a male teacher (and a not bad-looking one, if I may add) came over and talked to them. In the midst of chatting, they saw another male teacher from afar and told me that he was only 19. I was shocked, because he looked so much older. So I happened to casually ask the teacher was still there talking to them how old he was. He replied 26. I just went, "Ohh..." and immediately my mentee pounced on it and said, "Why? Want to go steady ah?" The entire table burst into laughter. Seriously, these kids have nothing better to think about. ;p But I do like my mentee and her friends. They are extremely vocal, call out to every teacher in sight, make fun of every boy which comes by their way, tease each other about their respective crushes. I guess part of me wishes that I were as bold and expressive as they are. Instead, I have to resort to enjoying these experiences second-hand. Heh.

Craving for italian food and awfully chocolate ice cream now. The stress is killing me. :( At least one of them is readily attainable. ;p