Thursday, February 23, 2006

late night thoughts

I love massaging myself. I haven't done so in a while, so today, I decided to give myself a treat by rubbing my sore points on my back. And it's when I discovered how much my back needs it. Every muscle is so tense and hard! Especially the areas just emerging from my neck. Extremely hard. Rubbing them is tantamount to rubbing iron or something. The moment I stop for a while, I could feel the immediate release of tension and the relaxation that ensues just overwhelms me. :) I wish someone with loads of strength and the right techniques is willing to give my back the rub it deserves. :)

I could never associate myself with the "p" word. It's a childhood thing I grew up with. Nobody has ever said that to me, so I guess I never thought of myself that way, in all sincerity. Coupled with a few bad experiences, that description seems almost elusive. It's weird, how perceptions change. I can only pray for God's standard to be the single benchmark I measure myself against, and not by the opinions of people.