Tuesday, December 05, 2006

growing (like a beanstalk)

This is the stage of my life where people around me are quickly growing up and beginning to find their place in the world. The change in behaviour, the maturity of thought, the ability to think and the discovery of inner strength and wisdom that usually comes only with age and experience. I'm all of only 22, yet I already know that these are the best years of my life. Being close to God, being comfortable in my own skin, not bothering too much about what people say, focusing my energy on the things that really matter. This is a sentiment I think I share with my fellow peers. I believe it's the age of technology that makes youths these days grow up faster. With knowledge comes confidence and fearlessness, and no longer are we shackled by the limited sources of knowledge. Information is so easily available that the young just get older faster. But in a good way too. In the past, I believe growing older connotes a tinge of cynism and jadedness; but now, the youths grow old with delight and anticipation of the many choices and paths available to them. There's a whole new world waiting to for us to grasp. I always wondered whether I need to grow up into my parents' image, whether they are symbols of what adults should be. But I realised now that there is no need to. My friends and I are going to be a new breed of adults heh.

In other news, I think daniel craig is simply the bomb as james bond. :) I don't know why everyone says he's not good-looking; I think he is leh. He's got character built into his face that pierce brosnan's pretty face sorely lacks. Plus his fantastic physique and stunning blue eyes makes him a sight to behold. The movie was good, or at least the book was well-written; I like intricate plots.