Monday, December 04, 2006

making experiences count

The sheer comfortability of the weather coupled with images of fantasies in my head make me want to close my eyes, curl up in my warm bed and live life in my own imaginations.

There's a reason why experiences always seem more beautiful when reliving them in memories than going through it at that point in time, even though you consciously tell yourself to enjoy the moment. The human mind is so powerful that it can conjure experiences and recreate them to be better than they actually were. Reality always seem to disappoint, don't you think? The anticipating, the looking-back, the joy of receiving something new.. Somehow all these seem so much more delightful in our thoughts than reality proves. Sigh.

The solution? Live reality as if it were not reality.