Wednesday, March 01, 2006

supremely happy :)

It's been a most delirious day. :)

It started out bad, woke up with a major headache, with no less credit given to the weighty issues which sat on my head. Sigh. This was exacerbated by the fact that I had to sit through an unusually sleepy family law tutorial on guardianship and custody. Spent most of the time messaging just to keep awake. ;p

BUT. The day just got better. I checked my email and it turns out I got an internship at Stamford Law Corp! Woohoo! I was ecstatic, partly because I never dreamed that I would be able to get an internship at all, with my sub-standard grades. :( But with all miraculous gratitude, I thank God for this opportunity to at least find some work in a law firm, to really garner a feel for legal work. And it so happens that it fits nicely into my schedule, and perhaps the mission trip could once again be contemplated. :)

My sis called me to exclaim the good news to me. She got 3As and 1B for her results! Yet another Woohoo! For some strange reason, I genuinely feel happy for her, even though she has done better than me. I mean, for the past two rounds (PSLE and 'O' levels), she's been somewhat living in my shadow because I've always scored better and am the best among my cousins. I know I didn't perform particularly outstanding for my 'A' levels, and while I could boil it down to several key factors, perhaps there's really no one to blame but me and my lack of intelligence. Yet, this pride that has accompanied me throughout these years did not stand in the way of my heartfelt happiness for her, even when she exclaimed that she's beaten me. But it's a nice feeling, to be happy for someone, to be even proud of her. I actually feel that I'm the one who's gotten such fantastic results, and not her. :) I've never had this feeling before, but it's a wonderful one.